1. Our Privacy Policies and Practices
We collect, use, and share NPPI when necessary to conduct Our business, to advise You of Our products and services, and to provide You with beneficial customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of NPPI needed for these purposes including, but not limited to, information:
- You provide on Your application(s) and forms;
- obtained from Our website(s);
- regarding Your transaction(s) with Us or others; and
- We receive from a consumer reporting agency or insurance support organization that may retain and disclose it to others.
Other than as described in Section 2, We do not sell or transfer Your NPPI without Your prior written authorization.
We require, in accordance with any applicable law, any person or organization providing services on Our behalf to protect Your NPPI.
We afford Our former customers the same privacy protections as existing customers with respect to the use or disclosure of their NPPI.
A. Types of Information We May Collect and How We Collect Information
We collect, use, and share NPPI when necessary to conduct Our business, to advise You of Our products and services, and to provide You with customer service and product agreement administration. We may collect and maintain several types of NPPI needed for these purposes such as:
- NPPI collected from You on applications for Our products, on other product or claim related forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, and from Our customer service representatives, such as Your name, address, telephone number, vehicle and household information.
- NPPI collected from Your transactions or experiences with Us or others, such as Your payment history, underwriting and claim information.
- NPPI from Your lienholder, primary insurance provider, automotive dealership or repair center.
B. How We Use Information We Collect
We use the NPPI We collect about You to assist in the administration of Your product agreement(s), any related claims, cancellation or transfer requests, and to offer You other services or products that may suit Your needs.
2. How We Disclose Information We Collect
We may share some NPPI We collect about You with Our affiliates, a dealership, or other third party that marketed or sold the product to You, insurance companies that provide financial security for Our products, or nonaffiliated third parties as required or permitted by law. For example, Your NPPI may be shared with Our affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties, to the extent necessary to effect, administer, enforce, service or process Your product agreement, claim, transfer or cancellation transactions or any other transactions between You and Us. Also, We may share Your NPPI with third parties involved in the marketing or sale of Your product to You, as well as third parties engaged to perform actuarial or other consulting services in the furtherance of transactions between You and Us. We may additionally share Your NPPI with: (i) regulators and law enforcement when permitted or required by law; (ii) third-party service providers when it is necessary to allow them to provide services for Us in relation to Your product; (iii) persons who perform marketing services on Our behalf; and (iv) others with whom We have joint marketing agreements. We may also share Your NPPI with consumer reporting agencies and other entities as needed to handle Your claim and to protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
We may share Your NPPI with Our affiliates without Your prior written consent, except where prohibited by state or federal law.
3. How We Protect Your Information
In order to protect the safety of Your NPPI, We maintain physical, technological and procedural safeguards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We limit access to Your NPPI to only those entities that need the information to perform their responsibilities or services in connection with Your product agreement(s) or any other transactions between You and Us.
4. How You Can Review Information We Have About You
We strive to maintain the accuracy of Your information that We have, and therefore, upon Your request, We will provide You with access to Your personal information (including Your NPPI) stored in Our files and records and the opportunity to request in writing that We correct, amend or delete any information that You believe is incorrect. We will correct, amend or delete the information You believe is incorrect if, upon investigation, We can substantiate that the information is erroneous. If We do not correct, amend or delete the information, We will provide You with the opportunity to file a written statement of the dispute with Us, which We will include in any further disclosure of the information that We make.
5. How We Keep You Up To Date With Our Future Privacy Notices
Safe-Guard Warranty Corporation
Safe-Guard Canada Ltd